free Excel Gantt Chart Template sample is a type of bar chart that will help you in keeping track and shows your schedule.
Free Excel Gantt Chart Template Sample
Running a business and have plenty of schedule and project means you need a Gantt Chart. You may not be familiar with the Gantt Chart. That is why this article will help you to understand what the Gantt Chart is, the purpose, the benefits, and how to use it. If you are a project leader in your company, you have to learn about the Gantt Chart to improve your management skills in running the project. Keep on reading this article to get to know more about the free Excel Gantt Chart Template sample.
A Gantt Chart, What is That?
A Gantt Chart is a kind of chart which was named after Henry Gantt, the person who invented it back then. Henry Gantt designed the chart around 1910. Invented in the 20th century, now modern Gantt Chart illustrates a project schedule as well as the dependent relationships between each recent activity and current schedule status. The tasks which will be performed are shown in the vertical column, while the horizontal column shows the interval of the activity. The width of the bars tells the duration of the activity listed.
Using a free excel Gantt Chart template sample, you must know the purpose of using it on your project schedule. To put it simply, A Gantt Chart is a project management tool that illustrates how the project will run. So, the purposes of using a Gantt Chart are:
- To view individual tasks, durations, as well as the sequence of the tasks in a much simpler way
- To show the overall timeline and schedule of the project and the expected completion time or date.
With those purposes, you can also have some benefits when you use a Gantt Chart.
The next question you may ask is how a Gantt Chart benefits you. Do not worry, since it is a popular chart used in business, it surely will give you some benefits.
- It makes your clients easier to see your project plan and expected completion date. A better understanding of your project by your clients is essential.
- You can use a Gantt Chart in a tender proposal.
- It shows your ability to plan and manage the project.
- Greater efficiency when running your project will be reached.
Although a Gant chart is important, you do not have to make it from scratch. Just simply download the free excel Gantt Chart template sample online. All you need to do is download, and edit the chart with your own project schedule.